Don't want Windows spying on your every move? Don't feel like spending hours messing with privacy settings that ultimately still result in data collection? Think your private data belongs to you and no one else? Or maybe you just want a faster PC and don't like all the new "features" Windows has to offer.
- Blocks Telemetry Completely - Block Windows spyware, on both the application and network level, with dynamic filtering and without editing the HOSTS file or firewall settings.
- Restores Privacy - Prevent diagnostic, password, contact, URL, SMS, handwritting, location, and P2P-update sharing. Remove unique Ad-ID tracking token and built-in advertising.
- Removes W10 Upgrade Nagging - Block Win10 upgrade (GWX) messages on Windows 7/8 and remove downloaded Win10 pre-install files/folders. Remove 30+ Windows Telemetry updates.
- Portable, Restorable, Flexible - No installation, with a focus on leaving the smallest possible footprint, Blackbird is a single, portable exe. Want to restore everything back? We got you covered.
- Free & Ad-free Forever - We do not collect ANY data from our software and all website logs are purged twice a day.
- Updated & Simple to Use -Blackbird is regularly updated with new features and whenever critical Windows updates get released.
Without going into too much detail, Blackbird employs some known and less-known techniques to fully disarm Windows while leaving the smallest possible footprint.
For instance, Blackbird does not edit the HOSTS file in any way, nor does it mess with your firewall settings.
After usage no new files are left behind on your computer and you can safely delete blackbird.exe. Blackbird has succedded when you forget it was ever there. Everything our software does can be restored using the software itself or manually by hand. (*Dev.notice: Please don't do this manually, it will take forever and is confusing)
There are other tools that claim to block Windows spying but they are cumbersome to use and not as powerful or are limited in scope. So we took Windows apart, piece by piece, analyzed web traffic, system calls, file changes,etc., compared different configurations, designed and built a stand-alone tool and spent hundreds of hours on beta testing so anyone can use it and it gets the job done right.
Blackbird - 64-bit version