SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is an essential tool for everyone running a small WiFi network and striving to keep it secure. Generally, modern WiFi networks are well protected, but there are a number of weaknesses that can compromise your WiFi password; this includes vulnerabilities in encryption and brute force attacks. As a result, someone can gain unauthorised access to your Internet connection and LAN and exploit them while staying unnoticed.
Perhaps, you can say: “No big deal, I have unlimited Internet traffic!”, but what about someone reading your personal emails, stealing private information or breaking the law online while using your Internet connection?
Here comes our little application: it will alert you if your network is used without your knowledge. It is a specialised network scanner that runs through your network at set intervals and reports immediately if it has found any new connected devices that could possibly belong to an intruder.
- Pings computers and other network devices and displays those alive.
- Detects firewalled computers that do not respond to ping.
- Scans your network at a specified interval.
- Immediately alerts you if an unknown device is found.
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Absolutely free, has a portable edition, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard - 64bit software