WebIssues is an open source, multi-platform system for issue tracking and team collaboration. It can be used to store, share and track issues with various attributes, comments and file attachments. It is easy to install and use but has many capabilities and is highly customizable.
- The Desktop Client application can run natively on Windows, Linux and OS X
- The Web Client can be used to access the system using a web browser
- The server can be installed on any host with PHP 5.2 or newer and MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Issues can be filtered using public and personal views with configurable filtering criteria
- Email notifications can be sent and the Desktop Client can periodically check for new and modified issues meeting various criteria
- Various reports can be printed directly from the Desktop Client or exported as HTML and PDF documents
The purpose of WebIssues is to support team collaboration by storing, sharing and tracking issues with various attributes, comments and file attachments.
WebIssues offers much greater possibilities of customization than most traditional issue tracking systems. It allows tracking bugs, tickets, tasks, requests and any other information, with the same flexibility as a spreadsheet, where columns can be freely added and modified. However, WebIssues allows many people to work simultaneously, maintains the full history of changes, controls the permissions for different areas of the system, and makes it possible to discuss and exchange information about individual issues and to attach files to them.
WebIssues provides access by both the web browser and a desktop client application, which natively supports Windows, Linux and OS X. The desktop client makes everyday work with the system easier and faster, by providing comfortable user interface, instant search and convenient editing. The web client makes it possible to access the system from any location at any time.
WebIssues - 64bit software