IrfanView is a compact, easy to use image viewer. More than that, you can also edit images directly in IrfanView, to produce a variety of effects. IrfanView was created by Irfan Skiljan. It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.
IrfanView seeks to create unique, new and interesting features, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
Advantages of IrfanView 64-bit over 32-bit version:
- It can load VERY large files/images (image RAM size over 1.3 GB, for special users)
- Faster for very large images (25+ Megapixels, loading or image operations)
- Runs only on a 64-bit Windows (Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10)
Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:
- Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
- Needs less disc space
- All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
- You can install both versions on the same system, just use different folders. For example: install the 32-bit version in your "Program Files (x86)" folder and the 64-bit version in your "Program Files" folder (same with PlugIns)
- The program name and icon have some extra text in the 64-bit version for better distinguishing
IrfanView - 64-bit software
- Current version: 4.59
- Release date: 2021-12-01