Pelles C is a complete development kit for Windows. It contains among other things an optimizing C compiler, a macro assembler, a linker, a resource compiler, a message compiler, a code signing utility, a make utility and an install builder.
It also contains an integrated development environment (IDE) with project management, debugger, profiler, source code editor, and resource editors for dialogs, menus, string tables, accelerator tables, bitmaps, icons, cursors, animated cursors, animation videos (AVI's without sound), versions and XP manifests.
The compiler is originally based on LCC (by Chris Fraser and David Hanson), but since then enhanced with support for C99 and C11, a global optimizer, a new register allocator, a function inliner, intrinsic functions, and many Microsoft C extensions. The install builder for Windows is originally based on NSIS from Nullsoft.
- Support for 32-bit Windows (X86) and 64-bit Windows (X64).
- Support for the newer C standards C99 and C11.
- Support for most SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AES, AVX, and AVX2 intrinsics (X64 only).
- Integrated source code editor with call tips and symbol browsing.
- Integrated source-level debugger.
- Integrated sampling profiler.
- Project management.
- Inline assembler for X86 (not X64, since intrinsics are better).
- Integrated resource editor.
- Integrated bitmap, icon and cursor editor.
- Integrated animated cursor and video editor.
- Integrated hex-dump editor.
- Support for custom controls in the dialog editor.
- Support for custom project wizards.
- Pelles C is freeware.
Pelles C - 64-bit software