AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast. Notepad is a wonderful editor, being used to edit files in plain text format, thus it is irreplaceable for programming, designing of Web documents, and so on. However, the one comprised in Windows, is very inconvenient due to several limitations. This program claims to be able to fill up these drawbacks.
Attention: this program takes a lot of advantages from Unicode representation. It is strongly recommended that you set up TrueType font (as Courier New) to gain more advantages from this feature.
As long as the program is intended to replace standard Notepad, it's target is plain text files, it doesn't support RTF files and so on - it isn't a drawback, it's a feature. Brief description of general features:
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
AkelPad - 64bit software
- AkelPad | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net
- Latest version: 4.9.8
- Release date: 2016-07-18