New version! - VisualWget is a download manager that use Wget as a core retriever to retrieve files from the web. You can think of VisualWget as a GUI front-end for Wget that give you all of Wget functionalities (e.g. download resuming, recursive download) plus little management features such as download queue (prioritizing), speed limit and scheduler.
When retrieving a file, VisualWget gather some necessary informations by communicating with Wget, then compute and display a progress bar, speed and ETA within a jobs list that you can easily see and estimate an overall progress by yourself.
New Features in 2.4
- Auto Shutdown now not try to close the main form before performing action
- An option to auto start VisualWget at Windows logon
- Add way to set speed limit through right clicking the speed pane on the status bar
- Add hours to the basic scheduler
- Add option - No prompt when creating a new job externally
- Check and flush unsave settings to disk every 0.1 second
- Double click on job list item to open file with associated program
- [Bug fixed] Download speed cannot go over 1-2m per second on fast connection
- The ability to set UI font, especially a larger font size
- Autopaste URL from clipboard
- Job note
- Pre-define user agent
- New Multiple toolbar button
- Make all dialog resizable.
- Edit multiple jobs
- Better info on status bar, total jobs, total size
- Detecting clipboard
- Allow setting unit for the Size column, i.e., KB MB GB
- Remove IE Extension, replaced by clipboard detection
- Sound notification when download has been finished
- Downloads finished action Freezable & Cancelable options