Baka MPlayer is a free and open source, mpv based multimedia player that plays most multimedia files such as avi and mkv (Matroska) using internal codecs (codecs do not need to be installed on your PC). It's also fully compatible with playing 10-bit (Hi10P) encoded content. It's simple design reflects the idea for an uncluttered, simple, and enjoyable environment for watching anime.
What is mpv? mpv is a movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types. You can find it here.
Supported Media Formats
- Container formats: 3GP, AVI, ASF, FLV, Matroska, MOV (QuickTime), MP4, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia, Bink
- Video formats: Cinepak, DV, H.263, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Part 2, RealVideo, Sorenson, Theora, WMV, Bink
- Audio formats: AAC, AC3, ALAC, AMR, DTS, FLAC, Intel Music Coder, Monkey's Audio, MP3, Musepack, RealAudio, Shorten, Speex, Vorbis, WMA, Bink
- Subtitle formats: AQTitle, ASS/SSA, CC, JACOsub, MicroDVD, MPsub, OGM, PJS, RT, Sami, SRT, SubViewer, VOBsub, VPlayer
- Protocols: RTP, RTSP, HTTP, FTP, MMS, Netstream (mpst://), SMB, ffmpeg:// (Uses FFmpeg's protocol implementations)
- libquvi: Youtube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc
Baka MPlayer - 64-bit software
- Baka MPlayer
- Latest version: 2.0.4
- Release date: 2015-12-01