The codec packs contains a Settings Application to use in conjunction with your windows media center setup which will enable each user to choose different splitters and decoders for specific filetypes. The application will also allow you to choose from 10 different speaker configurations from 'same as input' and all the way up to full 7.1 channel output.
- 2 versions of Windows Media Player exist on x64 systems.
- There is a 32bit version stored in \Program Files (x86)\
- and a 64bit version stored in \Program Files\
- The Settings Application will allow you to choose the system's default player.
- You can expect ongoing x64 support as the rest of the world catches up to 64bit computing.