iTunes makes it easy to play and organize music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and more. Forget rifling through stacks of CDs or flipping through channels. iTunes puts your entire music and video collection a mere click away, giving you an all-access pass to thousands of hours of digital entertainment. Browse. Organize. Play. All from your Mac or PC.
Import your CD music collection into iTunes
Put an audio CD into your computer's disc drive and click Import CD. iTunes automatically retrieves each song's title, artist, and other information (you must be connected to the Internet to get this information).
Download music, video, and more
In iTunes, click iTunes Store and you can download songs, albums, movies, audiobooks, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, games, and more. The iTunes Store is always open and your selections download to your computer immediately.
Organize your media collection using playlists
Create your own music and video compilations. For example, create a playlist of your favorite songs or of songs perfect for an occasion, such as a birthday party.
Smart Playlists update automatically as your library changes. For example, if you create a Smart Playlist of songs by a particular artist, when you add new music by that artist, the songs are automatically added to the Smart Playlist.
Take your media library with you
Sync your iTunes library with your iPod or iPhone to take your collection with you wherever you go. If you have an iPod that supports video, you can watch movies and TV shows on your iPod.
Introducing the new iTunes. With a dramatically simplified player, a completely redesigned Store, and iCloud features you'll love—this is the best iTunes yet.
- Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You'll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
- A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what's hot and discover new favorites.
- Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
- Up Next. It's now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they'll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
- New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.
- Improved search. It's never been easier to find what you're looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you'll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
- Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.
- 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
Latest version: 12.9.4
Release date: 2019-03-26
- iTunes Review