A few years ago, I wrote a Blog post about false positive problems that I have in many of my tools, and I received many responses from users and developers that experience the same problem. Today the false positive issues still exist, but it seems that people are more aware to the false positive problems, because I get less complaints about virus alerts in my software than what I have gotten in the past.
Some of my tools have 2 different builds - one for using on 32-bit systems and one for using on 64-bit systems.
WirelessKeyView is one of these tools that is available in 2 builds - 32-bit and 64-bit. Both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of WirelessKeyView are compiled with exactly the same code and the same compiler options, and naturally they also do exactly the same actions. The only reason for creating the 64-bit build is because WirelessKeyView injects code into a system process in order to get the wireless keys, and 32-bit process cannot execute code on 64-bit process.
When sending the latest 32-bit version of WirelessKeyView to VirusTotal Web site, it shows false positive alerts from 16 different Antivirus programs: