Here are the steps I when through to install Oracle 12.1c on Windows 7 64 bit.
- Unzip the two 12c downloads files into the same directory. I called this directory database
- Go down a couple of levels in the database directory until you come to the directory that contains setup.exe. Double click on this to start the installer.
- Step 1 – Configure Security Updates: Un-tick the tick-box and click the Next button. A warning message will appear. You can click on the Yes button to proceed.
- Step 2 – Software Update : select the Skip Software Updates option and then click the Next button.
- Step 3 – Installation Option : select the Create and Configure a Database option and then click the Next button.