The 64-bit version of the directory synchronization tool is now available. The 64-bit version now uses Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 as the underlying synchronization engine. FIM is installed silently when you run Setup.
To download the 64-bit version of the directory synchronization tool from the Office 365 portal:
- In the header, click Admin.
- On the Admin page, in the left pane, click Users.
- At the top of the Users page, click the link next to Active Directory synchronization.
- Under step 4, select Windows 64-bit version, and then click Download.
To run the 64-bit version of the directory synchronization tool, you must have the following software installed:
- The 64-bit edition of the Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard or Enterprise operating systems.
The 64-bit version of the directory synchronization tool shares exact functional parity with the existing 32-bit software. Therefore, refer to the existing directory synchronization documentation for all other deployment and configuration information.