Vendetta Online is a 3D space combat MMORPG for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. This MMO permits thousands of players to interact as the pilots of spaceships in a vast universe. Users may build their characters in any direction they desire, becoming rich captains of industry, military heroes, or outlaws. A fast-paced, realtime "twitch" style combat model gives intense action, coupled with the backdrop of RPG gameplay in a massive online galaxy.
Three major player factions form a delicate balance of power, with several NPC sub-factions creating situations of economic struggle, political intrigue and conflict. The completely persistent universe and detailed storyline add to the depth of immersion, resulting in a unique online experience.
VO 1.8.262 includes:
- New Vulture ship assets added for upcoming testing.
- Improved gamepad support for Android. Better default buttons for OK (A) and Cancel (B)
- Added experimental texture loading to Linux 64 version. Please report any rendering/missing texture issues.
- Fixed auto-fire on Android microconsoles.
- Fixed ice texture when shaders are turned off on OpenGL PCs.
- Increased Oculus Rift field of view.
- Mines now sympathetically detonate when other players mines explode nearby.
- Fixed Moga controller X/Y buttons not working properly under certain circumstances.
- Conquerable stations are no longer chosen as trade mission destinations.
- NPCs and turrets no longer attempt to fire on players entering the sector (while they are invulnerable).
- Removed OpenGL Intel DRI check for Ivybridge so shaders won't get disabled.
- Fixed in-game capchas when running on Android consoles with overscan compensation enabled.
The new Vulture will not be "released" immediately, instead we're going to put off the Release Event until late next week/weekend. The process of patching it into the game took a bit longer than expected, and I'd like a little more time for testing and preparation before releasing the ship "into the wild", so to speak.
Linux64 is also testing our new next-generation unified material system, which is experiencing a few issues and will be patched up shortly. Your patience and bug reports are appreciated :).