The development of Opera continues apace and for anyone wanting to try out the very latest features of the browser, there's a new version to install. The latest build of Wahoo (the codename for Opera 12) is available for the first time as a 64-bit release for both Mac and Windows users and the latest snaps shot also features improved support for HTML 5 and CSS3. As with previous builds of Opera 12, it is possible to install this alongside your current stable version of the browser so you can try it out while maintaining the version you have become used to.
Opera changed the way plugins are handled, to make the move to 64-bits. Plugins now run in a separate process to the browser itself, known as OOPP or Out of Process Plugins, which also not only help to improve overall stability, but the security of Opera as well.
The move to OOPP also means that it is possible to run 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit browser, and Mac users will find that there is now a universal binary available that includes both 32- and 64-but versions rather than making them available separately.
- Windows 10 Redstone to Bring ARM64 Support
- Mozilla Firefox 64-bit for Windows Now Available for Download
- Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit to Come with Microsoft Silverlight Support
- Firefox close to having 64-bit browser for Windows
- Windows 10 Build 10537 x64 ISO Gets Leaked Too
- Consistent 64-Bit Support Added to PHP 7