AMLogic Processor Roadmap: Quad core Cortex A9 (M8), and 64-bit ARM processors (M9)
We already knew AMLogic is about to release a quad core Cortex A9 SoC, previously codenamed AML8726-M8, but recently renamed to M80X...
Windows 8.1 64-bit Gaining Traction Among Gamers, Steam Data Claims
Windows 8.1 is also gaining ground among gamers, with new data provided by Valve’s Steam platform confirming that more users are making...
64-Bit Mobile CPUs Arrive in 2014, Handset Vendors to Widely Adopt Them
Next year is expected to bring to the market a flurry of smartphones powered by 64-bit processors, the latest reports on the matter...
Rumor: Qualcomm, Nvidia and Broadcom to announce 64-bit processors at CES 2014
Ever since Apple launched the iPhone 5S with a 64-bit ARMv8 processor (the A7), Android handset makers, Google and the various...
“When I’m sixty-four”: discussing the 64-bit version(s) of Firestorm
On October 18th, Jessica Lyon poked me about an upcoming blog post she was preparing for Firestorm which would make mention of a 64-bit...
Stardock helps to form Oxide Games; making new 64-bit Nitrous Engine
A few days ago, Stardock announced it was working on Galactic Civilizations III for the PC, and that the game will be made to run...
Solaris X86 64-bit Assembly Programming
This is a simple example on writing, compiling, and debugging Solaris 64-bit x86 assembly language with a C program. This is also...
RyuJIT: Microsoft's new 64-bit .Net compiler
Microsoft made available this week for public testing a build of a new 64-bit .Net compiler built by the company's .Net runtime...
Tizen 3.0 Features Announced: Multiple User Support, 64-bit Architecture & More
Tizen 2.2.1 was announced yesterday in the lead up to today’s Tizen Developer Summit, and the message that was sent out in the keynote...
NVIDIA Prepares Linux Users for a Future Without 32-bit
NVIDIA has announced that it has dropped support for the 32-bit Linux-x86 CUDA and OpenCL applications.
FreeBSD 10.0 Beta 3 Gets Improvements for the 64-bit Version
FreeBSD 10.0 Beta 3, an operating system for x86, ARM, IA-64, PowerPC, PC-98, and UltraSPARC architectures, is now available for...
Linus Acknowledges 32-Bit Linux As Less Important
The Linux 3.12 kernel was released on Sunday evening but prior to that was a last-minute pull request that got rejected by Linus...
Thursday, 01 March 2012 18:05
Release date: 2012-02-29
File Size: 163 MB
- Windows 8 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8 64-bit Edition
- Native Stereo 3D support: Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming, and video applications
- Unified Video API – Video playback is now integrated within the DirectX® 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality Video and 3D content, and the potential for enhanced video transcoding performance
- Optimized screen rotation
- improved sleep / resume performance
- Optimized Power Consumption
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD A-Series APU
- AMD C-Series APU
- AMD E-Series APU
- AMD FirePro Series
- AMD FIrePro 3D Series
- Windows 8.1 64-bit Gaining Traction Among Gamers, Steam Data Claims
- Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Boot Very Slow on Some Computers
- Windows 8.1 RTM GA Rollup A x64 leaks to Internet
- Windows 8 x64 Now the Second Top Choice for Gamers Worldwide
- Floodgates opened: Windows 8.1 Pro x86 and x64 plus Server 2012 R2 leaked