At the moment it feels like we've got an almost 1 to 1 ratio when it comes to X79 motherboards and accompanying Quad Channel kits, especially over the last week as we see less boards coming in, but more RAM arriving with the latest company to offer us a Quad Channel Kit of RAM being Patriot.
The kit we're looking at today is part of the new Division 4 series which refers to being a Quad Channel kit in the way the Division 2 referred to Dual Channel kits. At the same time, it's a part of the Viper Xtreme series and I've said it so many times; when it comes to the heatsink side of things, this is one of the best quality heatsinks when it comes to RAM.
You can see that the four module kit carries that typical Viper Xtreme which consists of both aluminium and copper and there's just so much weight to each module that the kit always feels great when you're dealing with it. Looking at the kit, the one thing I would've loved to have seen from Patriot is a black PCB as it would look so great against the black / copper heatsink.
- 7 innovative features built inside the Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor
- Qualcomm tries to calm fears, says 64-bit Snapdragon 810 is still "on track"
- Huawei Teases Upcoming 64-bit Processors
- Adopting the 64-bit ARM Architecture
- 64bit, ATM7059 with Android 5.0 Lollipop, ActDuino S200 from Actions Semiconductor
- ARM 64-bit processors could come to multifunction printers too