At the moment it feels like we've got an almost 1 to 1 ratio when it comes to X79 motherboards and accompanying Quad Channel kits, especially over the last week as we see less boards coming in, but more RAM arriving with the latest company to offer us a Quad Channel Kit of RAM being Patriot.
The kit we're looking at today is part of the new Division 4 series which refers to being a Quad Channel kit in the way the Division 2 referred to Dual Channel kits. At the same time, it's a part of the Viper Xtreme series and I've said it so many times; when it comes to the heatsink side of things, this is one of the best quality heatsinks when it comes to RAM.
You can see that the four module kit carries that typical Viper Xtreme which consists of both aluminium and copper and there's just so much weight to each module that the kit always feels great when you're dealing with it. Looking at the kit, the one thing I would've loved to have seen from Patriot is a black PCB as it would look so great against the black / copper heatsink.
- Samsung’s 64-bit processor: coming soon ‘whether you need it or not’
- MediaTek to Launch 64-bit Cortex-A53 Mobile Processors This Year
- AMD Releases 64-Bit 8-Core ARM-Based Opteron A1100 Server Processor
- Intel Finished Optimizing Its 64-Bit Chips for Android 4.4 for KitKat
- ST Brings 64-Bit ARM Home
- Nvidia’s Tegra K1 SoC: Kepler GPU paired with 64-bit Denver CPU, coming in 2014