For reasons that escape me Cisco have chosen not to release a 64-bit version of the IPSec Cisco VPN Client. This is a problem for me since I installed the 64-bit version of Windows 7 RC on my Toshiba M750.
To get around this without rebuilding with the 32-bit version I employed Windows 7’s new XP Mode – aka Virtual XP.
First I followed the steps on the download page:
Enabled virtualisation extensions in the BIOS.
Download and install the Virtual PC Beta.
Download Windows XP Mode.
That done I fired up the Virtual Windows XP from my Start Menu:
- How to Choose Between 32-Bit and 64-Bit Versions of Windows 7
- KB28686226 Update Fails to Install on Some Windows 7 x64 PCs
- One in Two Gamers Still Running Windows 7 64-bit
- How to Enable 64-bit Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition
- Running debug.exe on a 64-bit windows (64x system) using DosBox