Even though Windows Server 2008 R2 is exclusively a 64-bit operating system, 32-bit applications are supported by enabling the WoW64 optional feature. If this feature is not enabled and you try to run a 32-bit application, the application will fail to execute.
The WoW64 execution layer is an optional component that is installed by default on R2 releases after beta1. You can save resources by removing the feature if you are not going to be running 32-bit applications on your Server Core install.
Install the WoW64 Execution Layer using the following command:
- Running 64bit Android L under QEMU
- x64 Assembly and C++ Tutorial 63 B: Box Blur C++ Coding
- x64 Assembly and C++ Tutorial 63 A: Double Pass Box Blur Description
- 64-Bit Mobile Computing – It Takes an Ecosystem
- x64 Assembly and C++ Tutorial 62: Box Blur Window
- Quick Tip from IBM Connect 2014: IBM Domino 64bit -- All you need to know