New version! - With TuneUp Utilities, you can restore the full performance capabilities of your operating system, games and programs. TuneUp Utilities can also automatically run important maintenance tasks, such as cleaning up your hard disk and registry for you, or you can run them yourself manually.
A slow and untidy computer is now a thing of the past for you. TuneUp Utilities recognizes whether there are any problems on your system and offers simple solutions. You can also use TuneUp Utilities to customize the appearance of your Windows system to your personal requirements.
This version's new feature is the TuneUp Economy Mode. You can use this to save energy on your home desktop PC and to extend the battery life of your laptop or netbook while you are away from home.
With TuneUp Utilities, you can make sure your PC, notebook or netbook is in the best of health - all without any expensive upgrades! Below is an overview of the most important new features in this version:
- TuneUp Economy Mode - Does your laptop battery go flat just before the end of a film? Is your desktop PC pushing up your electricity bill? TuneUp Utilities is putting a stop to all greedy energy-guzzlers! The brand new TuneUp Economy Mode improves the energy management on laptops and even helps desktop PCs to turn green.
- The Improved TuneUp Program Deactivator™ with Automatic Function - With almost every program installation, a degree of performance and stability is lost – nearly every PC user is familiar with this exasperating problem. The improved TuneUp Program Deactivator™ re-enables disabled programs while they are in use and then disables them again automatically so that the load on your PC is always kept as low as possible.
- The new TuneUp Utilities settings - TuneUp Utilities gives you full control over the key functions and modules of TuneUp Utilities with the new central settings dialog, all in a single window.
- The New-Look Start Center - The new-look interface makes TuneUp Utilities sleeker and easier to use than ever before. The new look brings together effective optimization functions such as the Program Deactivator, Economy Mode and Automatic Maintenance in a single location.
- The Improved Overview of All Functions - The new version of TuneUp Utilities is characterized by a quick program startup and rapid access to over 30 optimization tools.
To be able to install and run TuneUp Utilities, your computer must meet the following requirements. These requirements aren't high - most computers used today have these features:
- Windows® XP (Service Pack 3 or higher), Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8 (all 32-bit or 64-bit versions)
- Min. 300 MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- Screen resolution at least 1024x600 pixels
- Online version: at least 150 MB of free disk space
- CD version: at least 400 MB of free disk space (and CD-ROM or DVD drive)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
TuneUpUtilitiesApp64.exe and TuneUpUtilitiesService64.exe
Current version: 2014 14.0.1000.275
Release date: 2014-03-27