The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications.
There are no 64-bit versions of the Java Plugin, Java Web Start or Java Control Panel; however the 32-bit versions of the JRE can be installed on 64-bit systems in order to obtain this functionality. Note that only 32-bit browsers are supported at this time.
- How to Develop and Evaluate 64-bit Android Apps on Intel x86 Platforms
- Google Chrome 39 goes 64-bit on Mac, promises performance, stability improvements
- Chrome for OS X turns 64-bit, forsakes early Intel Macs
- Google Adds Intel x64 Support To Android Emulator; ARMv8 Support Still Missing
- 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future
- Google Chrome 64-bit - Is It Better Than The 32-bit Version?