In response to direct customer need for a streamlined method of identifying common security misconfigurations, Microsoft has developed the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). It includes a graphical and command line interface that can perform local or remote scans of Windows systems.
MBSA 2.1 extends previous versions by adding support for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. MBSA 2.1 also provides full 64-bit installation, scan tool and vulnerability assessment (VA) checks, improved SQL Server 2005 checks, and support for the latest Windows Update Agent (WUA) technologies. More information on the capabilities of MBSA 2.1 is available on the MBSA Web site.
MBSA 2.1 runs on Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Windows 2000 systems and will scan for common security misconfigurations in the following products: Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Internet Information Server (IIS) 5.0, and 6.0, SQL Server 7.0, 2000 and 2005, Internet Explorer (IE) 5.01 and later, and Office 2000, 2002 and 2003. MBSA also scans for missing security updates, update rollups and service packs published to Microsoft Update.
Choose the appropriate download below for English (EN), German (DE), French (FR) and Japanese (JA) for x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) platforms.
- MBSASetup-x64-DE.msi 1.6 MB
- MBSASetup-x64-EN.msi 1.6 MB
- MBSASetup-x64-FR.msi 1.6 MB
- MBSASetup-x64-JA.msi 1.7 MB
- MBSASetup-x86-DE.msi 1.5 MB
- MBSASetup-x86-EN.msi 1.5 MB
- MBSASetup-x86-FR.msi 1.5 MB
- MBSASetup-x86-JA.msi 1.6 MB
- Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit to Come with Microsoft Silverlight Support
- Firefox close to having 64-bit browser for Windows
- Windows 10 Build 10537 x64 ISO Gets Leaked Too
- Consistent 64-Bit Support Added to PHP 7
- Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes a More Popular OS for Playing Steam Games
- Stardock releases Galactic Civilizations III, a true 64-bit native strategy game