FossaMail is a free, open source, mail, news and chat client for Microsoft Windows (available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) based on Mozilla Thunderbird. It is a re-build of Mozilla Thunderbird ESR (Extended Support Releases) that has been optimized and reconfigured by the same developer behind Pale Moon browser.
Is built from source with the main goal of providing a fast and reliable Mozilla Thunderbird-based client that should work with all existing add-ons and plugins that were developed for Mozilla Thunderbird. It uses its own profile folder (default location to "%APPDATA%\FossaMail") and therefore has no interaction with any current installation of Mozilla Thunderbird. Please note that Windows XP is not supported and you need at least Windows Vista (or a newer edition of Windows), a CPU (processor) with SSE2 support (most modern CPUs support this, check this section - "CPUs supporting SSE2") and obviously, enough space on your computer hard drive to store your e-mails along with an Internet connection.
- Is built from source with compiler optimizations geared towards an as stable and smooth operation of the client as possible (Pale Moon-alike optimizations).
- Uses its own profile folder on your system. This means it will not interfere with existing Thunderbird installations.
- The default profile location is %APPDATA%\FossaMail
- Should be compatible with all Thunderbird add-ons and plugins.
- Is available in 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions.
- Comes with an optional calendar/organizer add-on (Lightning) that will allow it to be used in a Microsoft Outlook style information manager fashion.
FossaMail - 64-bit software